Friday, October 24, 2014

Reaching (+1 extra verse) (for class)

Kari, I apologize
For actin' up that way
Is your father still alive
And are you still OK?
I didn't mean what I said
In case you couldn't tell
I had always looked ahead
Until I fell
I'm not done
I'm just wond'rin'
I don't know where ya been
Did you ever give in?
There's that, among other things
But I don't have the time
I can't tell you ev'rything
That's on my mind

Jesus, have you ever felt
That your children get bored;
Riding your conveyor belt
To get sold at your stores ?
Ye may be bought with a price
But can't I just be free?
You think I want paradise
But that's not me
That's not all
I'm just wond'rin'
If there's something to see
Won't ya show it to me?
Is love just getting stressed out
Over things that aren't mine?
If you really have answers
Then I got time

Perry, we met at the church
Your hair was long and brown
Do you still live in PR
Or do you live downtown?
We would talk about the bands
That nobody else knew
Is it true that you're close friends
With Kevin Drew?
I don't know
I'm just reaching
I hate our arguments
Will I see you again?
Is Walter still seeing things?
Hasn't he lost his mind?
If I never hear from you
I guess that's fine

Lisa, please just disregard
The stuff I said and wrote
Back then, life was pretty hard
Tell me, have you lost hope?
Anna, you're not the only
One on SSRIs
Are you not feelin' lonely?
It's in your eyes
I have thought
Of everyone
Cuz I just gotta know
I just gotta know
Hallelujah, how are you?
What are you tryin' to find?
I will tell you ev'rything
If you got time


A Asus2 Bm7 C#m#5 (x2)
D7sus2 D6omit3 C#m#5 Bm11 (x2)
x2
F#m Dsus2 F#m Dsus2 F#m G Dsus2 C#m#5addb2 Bm11
A Asus2 Bm7 C#m#5 (x2)
D7sus2 D6omit3 C#m#5 Bm11 (x2)

No comments:

Post a Comment