Sunday, November 9, 2014

People As Objects

I have wasted time drinking my breathe, a Holy grail
Tonight, I quit the hard stuff and see beyond veils
I'm used to faking I'm blind then magically turning Christian
I just remembered I have eyes! If you have ears, listen:

Sometimes I fear I've died and gone straight to adulthood
A cell for the children who've dreamed too damn much for their own good
I've always thought of people as objects, as songs
The love is still there, but the beauty just fades 'til it's gone. all. gone.

The sun's a fat fire filling the whole sky with smoke
The only 4-letter word I'm scared to say is "hope"
But tonight, I quit the hard stuff! I take my first step on the stairs
Sit down a little while, I'll play somethin' for ya if. you. care.
People as objects, people as songs
Never forget the...

No comments:

Post a Comment