Saturday, November 15, 2014

Lonsdale Quay

I wish I could take you to Lonsdale Quay
We could walk on the boardwalk and take the ferry
Come in December, see their big ol' Christmas tree
Be there with me on Lonsdale Quay

Buy expensive pizza, feed some to the birds
Democrats in baseball caps, using fancy words
Beggars on benches sleep under newspapers
Across the bay, you can see the skyscrapers

I wish I could go back to Lonsdale Quay
East of Capilano, west of the factory
I recall being relieved of some anxieties
Just from walkin' 'round Lonsdale Quay

Sea water scent and discontent
A wincing face in the marketplace
The guy in a tie who used to be me
Smiling inside on Lonsdale
On Lonsdale Quay

F Gm7 F//F Gm7 C7//Dm A A# A#7//F Dm C11sus2 F
G G7//C C7//F F7 A#//F Dm Gm7 C7
F Gm7 F//F Gm7 C7//Dm A A# A#7//F Dm C11sus2 F
F//D//Dm A A# A#m//Gm Am A# C//A# C11sus2 F

No comments:

Post a Comment